Saturday, August 14, 2010

Updates on Doug and me...

So I don't think that I share the fact that I have been having some problems lately with my side going numb. I found a new doctor named Dr. Banister and she is great. We did an MRI yesterday and they called me back the same afternoon to tell me the results. Everything was good with my brain scan and everything looked good with my lumbar scan as well. She just saw a little arthritis and a spot on my T-12. But she said nothing to worry about. Since there was nothing major that she could see... they are sending me to a neurologist. I should hear from them on Monday to see what the next step is. Please pray that they will find the source of this problem.

My Uncle is doing good. He is in good spirits and his words are" You say the cancer is aggressive... well I am ready to get aggressive with it!!! " He is in such good spirits and he is ready to start the chemo pill and radiation. He was fitted for a mask on Thursday and spoke with the doctor about the radiation. He said that it could be bad or it could be good. Just depends on how his body reacts to it all. They will do radiation 6 days a week for 6 weeks then they will make sure that nothing has come back. If nothing is there, then they will just monitor every 6 months! To show you just how stong he is... He had major brain surgery on Friday and was out of the hospital on Sunday!!! God is good!!! Please continue to pray. This is going to be a long road but we are with him every step of the way and he is so strong mentally and physically that I have no doubt that he can beat this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment